Art Gallery Hire
The Gusha Gallery in Brookvale, Sydney aims to give emerging or established artists a contemporary exhibition venue for short term hire. This art gallery space is an affordable, professional facility on the Northern Beaches (close to Manly), where you can show your work and connect with the community. The gallery space has limited parking during work week hours but the location is a very short walk from a major bus terminal and Warringah Mall.
Who can Hire the Gallery?
The gallery is for artists to hold solo or group exhibitions over a 2-4 week period. If conducted outside normal work week hours, the gallery space would suit one-off or regular workshops. You are not required to be present at the gallery during the week as we provide sales support, the studio is staffed from 9-5pm Mon-Fri, and 10-3pm on Saturdays.
The Gallery is accessible, with kitchenette, and toilets. The space measures approximately 11 x 4 metres. Equipment available includes a ladder, two tables, exhibition lights, trolley, around 50 cables and 100 hooks. An A-frame sign is supplied to provide advertising on Roger Street.
You can hire the gallery for a minimum of two weeks and up to four weeks at a time. The solo exhibition rate is $300 per week, shared gallery exhibitions rate is $210 per week and group exhibitions rate is $360 per week. We’ll ask you for a refundable bond of $300 when we confirm your booking.
Please check our gallery hire terms and conditions.
Quick Art Gallery Hire Checklist
To assist your successful exhibition at the Gusha Gallery, this is a checklist of things you need to supply/consider/include for your show (full T&Cs):
- You must supply price tags for each artwork. Printed rather than handwritten, then mounted onto foam board or card. and carefully trimmed to standard size. Gusha has a gallery price tag design and facilities that you can use to create the labels.
- Bring Blutak or similar to affix price tags to the wall or double sided velcro pads (available at Officeworks).
- Creating some text outlining your art career including any awards plus an Artist statement (ideally enlarged to A3 and mounted on foam board)
- You will need a hanging helper to put up the exhibition and to take it down. Gusha will supply all hanging wires and hooks but you need to put suitable D-rings on the back of all your works. D-rings for small artworks should be positioned near the top of the painting otherwise the works may tip forward when hung. We have basic tools and stepladder if you need.
- Promotional possibilities: Organise some promotional postcards featuring an image of your work and your contact details. These can be available at the gallery and left in local cafes. Create a Facebook event about your exhibition.
- You should organise an email invitation for your mailing list. Forward a PDF to Gusha to send out to our customer mailing lists.
- Please supply three artwork images via email for some Facebook promotion by Gusha. Include info on painting, title, size and medium.
- Gusha has red spots for successful sales. You need a receipt book and you can accept payment by cash, Eftpos or credit card (VISA & MasterCard). We suggest you allocate one or two helpers to deal with sales at the opening.
- Opening party food and drinks to be supplied by you. Also platters, napkins and waiter if required. You may wish to hire wine glasses, water glasses, platers. This depends on number of guests expected.
- The Gusha Gallery has a table that can be used for drinks and/or food.
- All food scraps to be placed in sealed bin liner at end of party and bottles in large bin outside the gallery. The clean up of kitchen/studio/gallery is your responsibility post party.